- The official release date of Android 12 is currently unknown. However, Google does have a roundabout schedule.
- The timeline indicates that we may see Android 12 release in August or September.
- The beta program is basically complete now, so it’s just a matter of time.
Now, we have seen the release of the fourth beta version. Before that, we saw three developer preview versions (with two small updates in the middle) and three beta versions (each with small updates). Looking ahead, we do not expect more major beta versions. The next major release should be the release candidate (RC). Google may also jump directly to stable releases.
According to records, when Android 11 was released last year, Google released the first beta version in June and released the final version in early September. We are likely to see a very similar (or even earlier) schedule this year.
In the meantime, please check what we know so far in the next section.
Android 12 release date: timeline so far
Now that we have seen the fourth beta version, the release date of Android 12 is imminent. Depending on the progress of the development, it may be at the end of August. It may also be early September. However, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has caused severe damage to almost every industry, so it is important to lower your expectations.
So far, this is officially launched:
- February 18, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 1
- March 3, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 1.1
- March 17, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 2
- April 7, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2
- April 21, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 3
- May 18, 2021: Android 12 beta 1
- June 9, 2021: Android 12 beta 2
- June 23, 2021: Android 12 beta 2.1
- July 14, 2021: Android 12 beta 3
- July 26, 2021: Android 12 Beta 3.1
- August 11, 2021: Android 12 beta 4
We will update this article with more official versions! At the same time, what do you most want to see from Android 12? Let us know in the comments.