15 minutes ago
👋Good morning, Nick is here to report for Tristan. His out-of-office email mentioned anonymous coffee addicts, but I’m not sure if I should mention this.
New Surface devices launched on September 22
Earlier this week, we got the official release date of Windows 11, but Microsoft has other things happening earlier.
one All digital events Will be held at 11 a.m. EST on September 22 (Save the date here), although the company did not clearly state its purpose, it is not difficult to guess.
- The media invites that they will talk about “devices and Windows 11” because it is Microsoft, which means the new Surface device.
- The invitation picture (see above) shows a new Surface Pro, which follows the business-oriented Surface Pro 7 released earlier this year.
- The company is also preparing to release a new product in the Surface Book lineup, but this time there is a key difference.
- if The patent proves to be correct, It will abandon the detachable screen design, adopt a new folding mechanism, and may even abandon the Surface Book brand.
But what we are really looking forward to is the Surface Duo 2.
- last year Surface Duo Smart phones are certainly ambitious, but they have serious flaws.
- Microsoft’s vision for dual-screen folding devices is a unique view of the future of mobile devices, but at the time of release, the software had loopholes and Edge unusable.
- In essence, it is a prototype disguised as a consumer product, and the price is close to $1,400.
- Although we have not heard of any news about new devices that solve these shortcomings, Picture leaked a few months ago At least one enhanced external camera module is shown.
- The original Surface Duo did not have any external cameras at all. The idea was to turn on the screen and use the internal selfie camera, but the result was moderate at best.
- In other words, the real question is whether Microsoft can fix the software and find compelling use cases for dual-screen designs.
- Specifications and prices that compete with real consumer folding devices Galaxy Z Fold 3 with Z flip 3 It won’t hurt.
Return on thursday
Edgar Cervantes/Android Authority
Today is the anniversary of the first public release of Google Chrome on September 2, 2008. Of course, it is still in the testing phase and is limited to Windows devices. Stable versions of Windows, OS X and Linux will not be released until May 2010.
Despite Google’s support, Chrome barely gained a 1% market share until 2009.Nowadays More than 60% of people in the world use Chrome, The only notable competition comes from Apple’s Safari.
Who led the development of this new web browser? A new employee named Sundar Pichai.
Tristan will return to the helm tomorrow with the latest technology news.
Nick Fernandez, editor
Daily Authority: Is Windows 11 ready? 📆