Oliver Cragg / Android Authority
Deleting a PlayStation Network (PSN) account is different from deleting users on PS4 or PS5. The latter will delete the saved data, settings and themes associated with the user, while deleting the PSN account will completely delete all content associated with the account. This includes personal information and any purchased software.
You may want to delete your PSN account for several reasons. Some people may want to delete your old account for different consoles, or you may want a different username. Either way, Sony will not make it very simple, but for security reasons, this may be a good thing. The process of deleting a PSN account involves contacting Sony directly, so needless to say, let’s learn more about how to delete a PlayStation Network account.
How to delete PSN account permanently
- First, go to here Learn more about closing your account. Here, Sony outlines what will happen as follows:
- The online ID of a closed account cannot be used to create another account.
- You will not be able to access any content purchased with this account. This content cannot be transferred to another account and can only be refunded in accordance with the PlayStation Store cancellation policy.
- You will not be able to access any subscriptions and their related rights.
- You will not be able to access your PSN wallet. As stated in the terms of service, the funds in your wallet cannot be refunded.
2. After reading all the content, go back to the top and find the “Contact Us” link, which will take you to the main Sony Support page.
3. From there, click “Change online ID and other account questions” and start a live chat in the section that collapsed from it.
4. After you provide the required information (Sony and its support agents will not ask you for a password), you will talk to a real person who can complete the process. Before proceeding to close the account, the agent may once again outline the above matters to you.
Luke Little/Android Authority
Did you delete your account to switch to one of Microsoft’s newest gaming consoles? If you do, please check out some of our reports on next-generation game consoles.