Except to help you remove the pen from the phone, the click part has no effect.
Samsung did not launch a new Galaxy Note phone this year, but it brought S Pen support to the Galaxy S21 Ultra and Galaxy Z Fold 3. Unfortunately, neither of these phones has an S Pen slot. This means you need to buy a protective case to safely store the stylus.
The S Pen slot is really convenient, but it seems to be at the expense of the battery capacity of the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. This phone is similar in size to other Ultra phones, but has a battery capacity of 4,500mAh, while the battery capacity of the S20 Ultra and S21 Ultra is 5,000mAh. This makes us wonder if readers are willing to trade battery life for the S Pen slot.
Would you use the S Pen slot to change the battery life of your Samsung phone?
After the vote was announced on August 30, only more than 3,500 votes were cast, and all options received a large number of votes. But the winner is the “yes” camp. 45% of the readers surveyed said that they would exchange battery life for the S Pen slot. Interestingly, some reader comments indicate that if there is no phone equipped with an S Pen slot, they will leave Samsung.
At the same time, 29% of readers said it depends on the final battery capacity of the phone. In other words, the S Pen slot is very important to these readers, but their investment in this feature is limited. This also makes sense, because going from 5,000mAh to 4,500mAh is one thing, and going from 4,000mAh to 3,500mAh is quite another.
related: The ultimate guide to Samsung S Pen
In the end, less than 26% of readers stated that they would never exchange battery capacity for the S Pen slot. This is an understandable choice, because S Pen is a very niche feature in the entire smartphone market, and battery life is more important to most consumers.
Interestingly, less than three-quarters of the readers surveyed are either willing to trade or are open to trading until a certain point in time. From another perspective, less than 55% of respondents are open to it until a certain point in time or not willing to trade at all.
- Dave Stern: The unused silo in Fold 3 helped me push my no-buy decision to the edge. Hope they find a way in the fold 4.
- friguy3: I really want to leave Samsung now.If you don’t have a pen, for me, I’m going to Pixel to see how life is like
- Frederick Segram: I converted after S21ultra, I only use ordinary pen
- Juan: Abraham Lincoln once said that the battery can be recharged and the pen can be lost.
- Jamal West: It depends on the battery life. Fold 3 is currently on the smaller side. If you have to lower it just for the built-in spen. I might ignore it and put it in a box.
Thank you for voting and commenting in our poll. If Samsung does not provide Galaxy Note or phones with dedicated S Pen slots next year, what do you plan to do? Please tell us below.