C. Scott Brown / Android Authority
One-handed mode is a common feature on large-screen devices, and it will also become a core feature of Android 12. This is essential for those within reach, especially when the smartphone screen swells to less than 7 inches. But how many of our readers are using this model?
This is the question we asked in a recent poll. Keep reading the results!
Do you use one-handed mode on your phone?
Since its release on August 31, we have seen that the poll has received more than 4,000 votes. Less than 78% of respondents do not use the one-handed mode of their mobile phones. However, only over 21% of voters claimed to use this model.
This number is a bit more one-sided than we thought, but it is understandable. Gestures, voice assistants, and UI design make it easier for you to switch between tasks, applications, and menus. Switching between one-handed mode and using full screen can be more tedious than using two hands or using full screen. Of course, those who use smaller devices may not need one-handed mode at all.
Not every mobile phone brand has a one-handed mode. Current Google and OnePlus devices do not include it, so this may also be part of the vote.
Either way, our readers will explain their reasons below.
- Inversion: Now most UIs have gestures, such as swiping down to pull down the status bar, etc. If you need to use one-handed mode, then you should probably look for a smaller device.
- Ganindu: When I eat and hang out on trains and buses, I want to use it when I want to do something with my smartphone. This is a cool feature.
- Scott: I never understand practicality
View“One-handed mode”. We can switch between apps quickly. Why should I make an app so tiny when I type a quick reply?
- Secco:Do not. I want the blank area at the top of the app to disappear, not more.
- Stephen Richardson: My hand is big enough, I don’t need one-handed mode, so I don’t need it.
- Konstantin Zolotov: No, it doesn’t actually help. These huge smartphones are uncomfortable to hold, no matter the picture is big or small.
- Klockwater: No, because if I use navigation gestures, I can’t activate it
- Sky high: NO, I have not. And, considering that my phone has a 6.7-inch screen, this is also a pleasant surprise for me.
- Brian Fowler: No, I really don’t know if it is an option on my phone (LG V60).
This is this poll. Thanks for your voting and comments. If you have any other thoughts on the one-handed mode or voting results, please be sure to comment below.