Edgar Cervantes/Android Authority
- Signal has introduced a new feature that allows users to set a default disappearing message timer in all chats.
- This timer affects all new and existing chats on the platform.
- Signal believes that this will enhance user privacy or benefit those with insufficient storage space.
Signal allows users to better control the disappearing messages on the platform.Its developer Announce Ability to set the disappearing message as the default setting of the application.
Previously, users needed to activate disappearing messages in personal chats. Users can still do this, but now there is a main option to set a default timer, which will affect every chat initiated. The app’s developers believe that this will benefit those who want to shrink storage space or those who want to keep digital breadcrumbs to a minimum.
This feature addition provides Signal with improved security compared to its closest competitor. Although WhatsApp and Telegram do have the ability to disappear messages to some extent, neither of these two applications allow users to set them as default values.
Please also read: WhatsApp vs Telegram vs Signal — Which messaging app should you use?
How to activate the default disappear message on Signal
The new default disappearing message function is located in the main settings menu of the application. To turn on this feature:
- Click the three-dot menu button in the upper right corner of the application.
- choose set up.
- Tap privacy.
- Scroll down to Disappeared message, And then click it.
- Here you can choose Leave If you want to set a timer for each conversation, or you can choose from seven predefined time options, ranging from All around arrive 30 seconds.
- Users can also choose to set one custom The value here.
Signal version provides default disappear message 5.19.4 For Android users. If you don’t already have the app, you can use the button below to get it.