As the small-scale Marvel heroes (and villains) continue to be the center of attention, the last Avengers of the first stage finally won their title through the Hawkeye show on Disney Plus.
With four other MCU shows already available on streaming services, Hawkeye will continue Disney’s ambitious winning streak, bringing its Marvel role to the small screen as part of Phase 4, which has already seen Black Widow in theaters and On Disney Plus last month.
So, what will Hawkeye be? Where is it in the MCU timeline? Who’s in it? What are people’s comments on this? Read on for all the information we have learned about Hawkeye on Disney Plus so far.
If you do not already have Disney Plus, you can use the button below to register.
What is the Eagle Eye Show all about?
It’s not entirely clear what Hawkeye will say, but Disney and Marvel have released some information.
The main plot of the show will see Clint Button/Hawkeye work with a young archer and guide them. Kate Bishop, nicknamed Hawkeye, will become Clint’s disciple and may eventually replace him in the Avengers.
Check: Captain America is 10 years old
In addition to this, the Hawkeye show is likely to follow Clint to reconnect with his wife and children after the events of Avengers: Endgame, he separates from them when they are wiped out by Thanos in the “snapshot” For five years.
When and where can I watch Hawkeye?
Hawkeye will be available exclusively on Disney Plus when it premieres on November 24th.
The first season of “Eagle Eye” on Disney Plus will broadcast eight episodes, and the finale will be broadcast on January 12, 2022.
The early MCU series on Disney Plus was released on Friday. After WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Disney turned to Hump Day with Loki and What If…?
Who participated in the Hawkeye show?
Joining Hawkeye’s long-term actor Jeremy Renner will be Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit, Bumblebee), well, Hawkeye. Stanfield plays the incarnation of the eagle-eyed bishop Kate.
Another familiar face will be Florence Pugh, who will play Yelena Belova, the foster sister of the Black Widow.
Bishop’s wealthy mother is played by Oscar-nominated Vera Fermija. Other actors include Fra Fei, Tony Dalton, Zan McLanon and Brian Darcy James.
The new Hawkeye show will also serve as an introduction to Maya Lopez, known as Echo, who will be the first to launch her own show on Disney Plus in the future. The newcomer Alaqua Cox will play Echo, a deaf-mute Native American hero in Marvel comics, who can respond to his hands and fighting style.
Behind the camera, Rees Thomas and the duo Burt and Bertie will direct these eight episodes, with Jonathan Igra of “Mad Men” as the screenwriter and host of the show.
Where did we leave?
Originally a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. and a founding member of the Avengers, Hawkeye and Natasha/Black Widow have a long history. They worked side by side for many years before other MCU heroes appeared.
In his last two appearances, Clint first opposed the U.S. government’s Sokovia Agreement and was placed under house arrest after the Captain America: Civil War incident. Then, we saw him fighting Thanos in “Avengers: Endgame”. After losing his family in Snap, Clint left his job without permission and murdered criminals around the world until he had a chance to bring back his wife and children.
Although he tried to sacrifice herself instead of Natasha, she eventually defeated him, so we will catch up with Clint who may be in trouble due to the guilt of the Hawkeye survivor.
Other upcoming MCU series include Ms. Marvel, which will be broadcast in late 2021. Armor Wars, Secret Invasion, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Ironheart and a show PantherThe Wakanda are in the early stages of pre-production.
Who is Kate Bishop?
Involving Kate Bishop may help the show shape Clint’s character, rather than just becoming Nat’s old friend and a typical family man. This may also mean that Clint is about to be out and will be replaced by Kate in future MCU games.
Kate is the daughter of a wealthy family in the comics. After running in with the Avengers, she became a young opponent of Hawkeye, mastering archery and other forms of combat. In later comics, two eagle eyes fight side by side.
Her appearance on the Hawkeye show on Disney Plus may provide a variety of origin stories because she will become a disciple of the existing Hawkeye.
Kate Bishop is just one of the few members of Marvel Comics’ Young Avengers who have been introduced to the MCU. Ant-Man’s daughters Cassie, Wanda and Vision’s sons Tommy and Billy, and their child Loki joined the team at some point in the comics.Another young avenger in the comics, Ms. Marvel, will also get her own performance before appearing in the sequel Captain Marvel.
We don’t know if Disney and Marvel will eventually try the title of “Young Avengers”, but if they do, they will definitely be ready.
Hawkeye’s expectations on Disney Plus
Disney and Marvel have always kept a low profile on the details of the Hawkeye series. Even assuming that the series happened after the events of the Avengers: Endgame may be wrong. Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain Marvel, and Black Widow are all years or even decades earlier than their positions in the chronological order of the MCU.
But we actually know a lot about Hawkeye. In addition, we can piece together some reliable theories. Here are some of Hawkeye’s expectations on Disney Plus:
- Marvel Pictures President Kevin Fitch said that the show will explore part of Patton’s time as a Ronin, his mantle when hunting bad guys in “Avengers: Endgame.” It remains to be seen whether this means that the entire show is a prequel to the Endgame event, or that it includes flashbacks or other narrative methods from the MCU’s “present” point of view.
- Photos at the scene show Jeremy Renner wearing a hearing aid. In Marvel comics, Hawkeye has lost his hearing, so the series seems to present Hawkeye as a deaf hero. This includes the echo of another typical deaf hero.
- The dog Kate Bishop walks looks a lot like Clint’s own dog in the comics and is called the Lucky Pizza Dog.
- The images released by Disney reflect the aesthetics of Matt Fraction and David Aja’s 2012-2015 Hawkeye comics. That version of Hawkeye includes the deafness of Kate Bishop and Clint. It also includes “Tracksuit Mafia”, who are the original owners of Lucky the Pizza Dog.
- The addition of Florence Pugh may suggest that Little Women and Midsommar actresses play more important roles in the MCU. Clint and Natasha are very close, and there are rumors that Pugh’s Yelena is the next incarnation of the role of Black Widow.
- A post-credit scene of the Black Widow also shows that Yelena has been collaborating with Valentina Allegra de Fontaine, who also appeared in “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier”. Pugh’s participation may mean that Julia Louis-Dreyfus will also play Valentina Allegra de Fontaine in Hawkeye.
- Since Yelena did not attend Natasha’s death, we are likely to see some kind of confrontation between her and Clint. As the last person to see Nat alive, Clint may have at least the answers she needs.
- Marvel revealed that Fraffer played a role named Katz. This may be the abbreviation of Kazimierz Kazimierczak, a mercenary villain known as the Joker in the comics.
- Tommy Dalton is playing Jack Duquesne, probably Jacques Duquesne. Duquesne is called a swordsman in the comics. He was sometimes a friend of Patton, sometimes an enemy, and he was Hawkeye’s early mentor.
This is what we know (and some we don’t know) about the Hawkeye show on Disney Plus. You can observe yourself in November.