Robert Triggs/Android Authority
It’s been half a year, and our own Rob Triggs thinks that now is a good time to test the photography features of some of the most popular phones released so far in 2021.
Rob compared several high-profile flagship products in the United States, namely Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, OnePlus 9 Pro, Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max and Sony Xperia 1 III. He believes that Samsung’s device is a “marginal” winner purely because it has no major weaknesses. We ask readers to also choose the phone that takes the best photo. Here is how you vote.
Which mobile phone takes the best photos?
We released the poll on July 31st and got the information from Android Authority reader. As of this writing, more than 3,700 votes have been counted, and the most popular choice is easily the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, which received nearly 46% of the votes. This means that the most popular reader choices are consistent with our own winners.
The second place is iPhone 12 Pro Max, and nearly 26% of respondents voted for Apple mobile phones. We think it is also very convenient, but we are dissatisfied with the long-distance zoom function, HDR and low-light performance.
Sony’s Xperia 1 III entered the third step with slightly more than 15% of the votes, while OnePlus 9 Pro finished the vote with fourth place and nearly 13% of the votes.
- Ellio 74: Personally, Sony really stands out to me because Apple has fallen behind in their flagship products for nearly a year, while Samsung and OnePlus have more significant flaws (color Accuracy, white balance or color processing) me. Sony is doing well again, they only need to improve the situation of the front camera.
- Stephen Marcus: Wow. Thank you for your excellent review so carefully. I would love to buy Sony Xperia 1 iii, but I think I am only one iteration away, not because of the camera (although selfies and videos are not so good) but the battery life. Battery life has always been an issue for Pixels, and its software is the best. Battery life is very important to me. Why can’t Sony provide better display management to extend battery life?
- Setbose: Oneplus 9 Pro users are here (from Pixels that I also like but can’t stand for the time being, hope 6 Pro XL will change this) I have to say that unfortunately, the camera is far from perfect again, I think Oneplus’s software will never reach As good as the iPhone or Pixel. They are just terrible in this particular aspect.
- Lamar Taylor: I own iPhone 12 Pro Max and GS21 Ultra as my business phone… This competition does not include video quality. iPhone 12 Pro Max destroyed all Android phones in this category. Since I use two mobile phones every day and travel a lot…in the real world, they are similar. The GS21 is much better at magnification, but this is the least used feature on my camera.
- Victor Rumyantsev: Xperia’s dull, discolored, neutral pictures, blown sky, etc. can’t be seen by my eyes. Seriously, Galaxy S21 photos are a more natural and realistic way.
This is the result of our camera shootout voting. Thank you for voting and commenting. Are you surprised by these survey results?