Welcome back Weekly authority, This Android Authority A newsletter that breaks down the hottest Android and technology news of the week. The 154th edition is here!
Tristan Rayner is with you again. I tell Daily Authority subscribers everything about my PS5. You get it every day, right? Correct! ?
Hot news this week
Pixel 6: The Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro released by Google this week are an interesting surprise. We will have to wait at least two months before we can buy these devices somewhere in late September/October. Nevertheless, Google opened up and confirmed many aspects of its first true flagship in years: design and appearance, Google’s own smartphone chip Tensor, Pro’s 6.7-inch 120Hz refresh rate, vanilla 6.4-inch 90Hz refresh rate, new cameras System (finally), in-display fingerprint sensor, and more bits. Google may also choose to provide longer software support for its own-brand SoC. In addition, what is even more mysterious is that a Google-branded “wireless streaming media device” has just passed the FCC… Guess what it might be?
- In any case, the display of Tensor alone is very important and marks Google’s ambitions in hardware. Rob Triggs explained why Pixel 6’s Tensor chip is actually a big problem (customization!) and why it is not (most components of the chip are licensed),
Everything in the Galaxy: A series of leaks occurred before Samsung’s main release next week. First, someone just bought the upcoming Galaxy Buds 2, and then someone unboxed a set of olive green buds.Then Win the future So far, Samsung has given up the most comprehensive Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 specifications, even including the size, weight, internal structure, Snapdragon 888 SoC, camera and IPX8 water resistance of the foldable device, which seems to be worth noting. In any case, Fold, Flip, Buds 2, and any/all other things will be announced next Wednesday.
Under-screen selfie technology: Oppo and Xiaomi can feel something from Samsung next week, and happened to announce this week that their own display is not enough for a selfie camera. Oppo announced more technology in its similar 2019 announcement update, but there are still no signs in smartphones. In terms of Xiaomi, “Leaks” hinted that the Xiaomi Mix 4, which will be launched next week, will also be equipped with an under-screen selfie camera.
Mi Mix 4/Mi Pad 5: Xiaomi actually took Samsung’s limelight a step further next week, shamelessly announcing that it will launch its next major smartphone and tablet on August 10. A market analyst said this week that we will see Xiaomi Mix 4/Mi Pad 5, both of which are expected to promote Xiaomi’s continued efforts to ship the world’s most smartphones.
Glory Magic 3: Honor will launch its next major flagship product on August 12. It is a new model, no longer a part of Huawei, and a fresh start for Google’s mobile services back on the device. It is worth seeing, looking forward to the very Huawei design and packaging the new Snapdragon 888 Plus.
PSVR 2: We learned about Sony’s upcoming PSVR 2 (not necessarily the name, but you know what we mean) from the details of the “private” developer conference, revealing an OLED display with a resolution of 2,000 x 2,040 per eye. HDR support and 110-degree field of view, mixed games, etc.
Apple’s scan controversy: Apple will scan user photos to look for child abuse.Many people pointed out that Apple promises privacy when scanning photos on devices and raising false positives. wired Do it together Well explained the balance: “For many years, technology companies have been struggling between two impulses: the need to encrypt user data to protect their privacy, and the need to detect the most serious abuses on their platforms. Now Apple is launching a new encryption system, To solve this problem…”
- Samsung Galaxy A11 review: Pricing is entry-level, providing entry-level, but it is a good phone for the inexperienced.
- RedmiBook Pro review: ashamed of the garbage screen.
- Ulefone Armor 11 review: “Ulefone Armor 11 offers a sub-par experience at a high price. If you want a durable phone, this is not it.”
- “Why Pixel 6’s Tensor chip is actually important (and why not).”
- Hundreds of ways to complete s#!+-but we still don’t have (wired).
- How about Michael Dell Reversed his declining personal computer business Become a $40 billion windfall (Forbes).
- “Cascade is a 44-year-old devout Mormon, the father of three children, and has never touched alcohol. As an EDM performer, he earns more than $500,000 per night” (BuzzFeed).