Welcome back Weekly authority, This Android Authority A newsletter that breaks down the hottest Android and technology news of the week.The 155th edition starts now
How attractive is the new foldable Galaxy to you? I have always been interested in seeing people’s interest in Flip 3, but if the very early reviews are true, the battery size may be a limitation…
Hot news this week
Galaxy decompression: Samsung launched the new Galaxy Z Fold 3 (US$1,799/US$999), the new Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (US$250/US$350) and Buds 2 (US$160) at the August 11 event. .
- Foldable products focus on improving the mechanical structure and exquisite design. Some people call it the “S year” version, which is a perfection of the previous generation of products, not a revolution. We will know more when comments appear.
- I am also waiting for comments on the new Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic versions. The new Wear OS, the chipset, and the calculation of body fat from the wrist through the body composition sensor are very simple, but let’s see how they work in practice.
- Finally, considering how it confuses the waters, Buds 2 seems to be the weakest version. More affordable earplugs are always welcome, but if anyone wants to know whether Buds Pro or Buds 2 is better by name, or even the price of Buds Pro when it is released (they are usually, $120 is the lowest price ever recorded) , They might be a bit stuck?
Samsung can curl: coming soon? Samsung recently obtained a patent for a rollable phone, and some cunning renderers came up with its appearance. Samsung also registered the names of Z Roll and Z Slide as trademarks.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 4: This is a powerful version of the traditional unfoldable world. Xiaomi has added an under-screen selfie camera.Interestingly, Xiaomi executive Lu Weibing passed Weibo, It is recommended that the mobile phone give priority to the full screen display instead of the selfie, and directly say (through translation): “If you are particularly concerned about the effect of the selfie, I suggest you buy one [punch-hole] Screen. “
- Xiaomi also launched a threatening CyberDog robot, while the release of Mi Tab 5 was choked by the news of no global availability and the method of only copying iPad Pro.
Glory Magic 3: Honor’s new flagship is a brand new start for the former Huawei branch, and it still has a lot of origins in Huawei’s design style and specifications-but considering the cycle of mobile phone releases, this is not unexpected. Magic 3 was launched as a series. The top-spec Pro Plus has all the latest features at a matching price: the only 12GB/512GB device is 1,499 Euros (approximately US$1,759).
Pixel 5a: According to reports, Pixel 5a seems to be released soon, maybe even next week. The problem is that it will only appear in the United States and Japan for unknown reasons, but it may be related to supply shortages.
Apple: The iPhone 13 (aka the next-generation iPhone) report comes this week from Bloomberg, Which highlights improvements such as new camera features, better displays with higher refresh rates, improved performance, longer battery life, and smaller notches. In other words, basically what the iPhone has done over the years, the series insists on using mini, Pro Max and two models in between. Will Apple really stick to the classic unlucky 13 or will it confuse its naming system?
- Also at Apple: Its decision to check CSAM photos on the device caused criticism and concern within a week, and Apple employees have also been busy arguing about this In its internal Slack channel (Macrums).
- VP Craig Federighi had to come out Admit that Apple didn’t handle it well, Emphasizes that scanning is only applicable to photos sent to iCloud, and it is currently only applicable in the United States.
- It may be a bit late in terms of damage control, but has this translated into ordinary iPhone users?
- Poco F3 GT review: high power, low price
- Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 impressions and Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 impressions?
- Samsung’s innovation streak is fighting an uphill battle with Android.
- The future of PC gaming is portable
- Samsung has its own artificial intelligence design chip. Soon, others will (wired).
- In a secret, semi-illegal, high-risk world …Import the world’s largest mango via WhatsApp (Eater).
- Oh, UFO, where are you? Put together all these five reasons that are scientifically challenging.
- Typos, techniques and typographical errors: Why is English spelling so strange and unpredictable? (aeon.co).
- There is also a new feature in a different sense: Android Authority now has a dark mode! Try to use the toggle switch in the upper right corner of the desktop, it should automatically match your settings on Android. I can’t say for sure what will happen on the iPhone, but the same is true for cars, hope so?
- August 18: Realme Fan Festival-Realme GT Master Edition series, Xiaomi new product launch?
- August 19: Oppo’s “Special Camera Event”.
- Also in August: Pixel 5a? Android 12?
Tech tweets this week
The first single-frame photo of the earth and the moon. Voyager 1 was filmed from a distance of 11.66 million kilometers in 1979!
(Source: NASA/JPL) pic.twitter.com/GEpYQ08Qf6
-World and Science (@WorldAndScience) August 12, 2021
Have a great week!
Tristan Rayner, Senior Editor