Joe Hindy / Android Authority
Welcome to the 392th edition of Android Apps Weekly. Here are the headlines from last week:
- Xbox Game Pass may land on Android TV in the near future. There are multiple leads from multiple sources. The APK disassembly shows the banner image required by all Android TV applications. In addition, if you sideload the application, it will display the banner image. Obviously it’s still early in this process, but Microsoft seems to be working hard.
- YouTube Premium Lite is available to some users in Europe. The idea is to provide discounted prices for YouTube without ads at a cheaper price. However, the Lite version does not allow you to perform operations such as listening in the background, nor does it include ad-free YouTube music. We don’t know how popular such a service might be, but I think if the program expands, we will see more.
- Spotify is also experimenting with cheaper premium packages. Spotify is priced at $0.99 per month, which allows you to skip radio playlists without restrictions and allows you to listen to music on demand. Except that the $0.99 version still contains ads, it works basically the same as the premium version. You can read more about it in the link.
- Fandango acquired Vudu in 2020. This year, the two companies seem to have finally begun to merge. Fandango is merging its streaming content into Vudu to increase the number of options for the latter. In addition, Vudu is now Roku’s official movie and TV app. This is a considerable move for both companies.
- Google banned sugar dating applications in the Google Play store. In this case, sugar means sugar daddy or sugar mom relationship. Google explained to us that they don’t want to promote apps that encourage people to exchange money or gifts for sex. This shouldn’t affect the entire dating app scene, but apps like Spoil or Seeking Arrangement may soon find out that they don’t have a store. Click on the link to learn more.
Hamster Biscuit Factory
Price: Play for free
Hamster Cookie Factory is a cooking simulator. It also has some very cute little hamster friends. The focus of the game is to restore the cookie factory, bake better and better cookies, and make money when not playing games. Yes, there is also an idle game element here. The game has some cute graphics and simple mechanics. Most things are click-and-click, so you don’t need to learn anything tricky. However, it seems to be a bit stuck and lagging on low-end devices. When you start playing games, you need to take this into consideration.
IMDb TV is the official Android application of IMDb TV. The app allows you to stream thousands of movies and TV shows directly from the app. Perhaps the biggest selling point of IMDb TV is free to use. You do not need to subscribe to the service to start watching any content. You do have to watch some ads, but for free content, this is to be expected. There is also an Android TV version (Google play) Or you can activate it as a channel in Amazon Prime Video.
Battle of Survivors
Price: Play for free
War of Survivors is an online multiplayer strategy game. It also has elements of kingdom building. You start the game by building bases, researching upgrades, and building troops. You use these troops to attack other players. This also has an element of survival. The game is well done and brings a lot of content and activities to the players. In other words, this is definitely a carnival, you can buy your own way through the game, and some players don’t like this way. In addition, the game does have some latency issues on some devices, so we hope that developers will optimize it in future updates to make it easier to play on more phones.
Joe Hindy / Android Authority
SwirlWalls is an interactive wallpaper application. Each wallpaper uses the same swirl pattern you see in the screenshot above. However, you can customize the swirl to your liking before setting it as a wallpaper. In addition, the wallpaper is interactive and animated based on the refresh rate of the device. Therefore, you can get some super smooth animations on high-end devices with high refresh rate displays. Some other features include dark mode support, the ability to unlock all functions without paying any fees, and the ability to configure gestures that make the wallpaper move. This is definitely a cool and different thing in the wallpaper space.
My time in portia
Price: 7.99 USD
My Time at Portia is a mobile port of popular PC and console games. The game is an emulator with some RPG elements. The player inherited a studio and worked on building various things for Portia Town. You can do many things here, including collecting resources, making things, interacting with NPCs in the game, hiring workers to help, and even fighting bad guys as you explore the ruins to discover secrets. It is very advantageous compared to games such as Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon, so fans of such games should also like this game. The game does not support controllers, but the text in the Play Store listing indicates that it is in progress. This is a very good game, especially if you like emulators.
If we missed any major Android app or game releases or news, please let us know in the comments or via [email protected].
Thank you for reading! Try these too: