Caitlin Cimino/Android Authority
- A new leak indicates that the Apple Watch series 7 will be larger than ever, with a higher-resolution display.
- The increased screen space will be used by several new dials.
- We don’t know when Apple will launch a new smart watch, but it should be in September.
It’s easy to explain why Android smartphones are better than iPhones. However, when it comes to smart watches, this discussion becomes more difficult. Apple is basically the king of the smartwatch market, and it looks like the next model will have some big changes.
according to Bloomberg, Apple may plan to substantially increase the overall display size of Apple Watch series 7. This will be the first time Apple has increased the size since Apple Watch Series 4 in 2018.
You can also take a look: The best Apple Watch charger you can buy
Bloomberg Assume that the Series 7 models can be sold as 41mm and 45mm devices instead of the 40 and 44mm models we see today.This may not sound like much, but the larger housing size can support larger displays-up to 16% magnification, by Bloombergof estimate. It seems that the 45mm model may be equipped with a 1.9-inch display, which is a significant increase from the 1.78-inch screen on the Series 6 device.
This may also mean that the resolution of Apple Watch Series 7 has increased. We may see a resolution of 396 x 484 on the largest series 7, which is a good improvement over the 368 x 448 of the larger model in the series 6.
Apple Watch series 7: More screens, more watch faces
If there is no good reason, Apple will not increase the size of the Apple Watch display.according to Bloomberg, The reason may be to provide you with more information through a series of new dials.
Sources who spoke to the publication said that Apple has at least five new faces:
- Maximum modularity: This might show a large digital clock face and a small complication, similar to the current Infograph Modular dial. However, it can also display greater complexity, stacking together across the length of the display, giving you more information at once.
- Continuum: It is said that this watch face will change over time in order to provide you with relevant information at the relevant time.
- Gallery: Somehow, this watch will display all 24 world time zones at the same time. This seems to contain a lot of information at the same time, but the existing Apple Watch dial can achieve this.
- Faces of brand watches: Apple Watch series 7 may have Nike and Hermes branded versions. These watches will also have unique faces that you won’t find anywhere else.
We don’t know when Apple will launch the next watch. However, we are relatively certain that it will be launched together with the iPhone 13 series, and the iPhone 13 series is likely to land this month. Please stay tuned, because Apple will definitely send out invitations to this event in the next few days.