C. Scott Brown / Android Authority
- The Android 12 Easter egg now appears in the fourth beta version of the software in its usual way.
- Easter eggs include turning the clock to 12:00 to get a surprise.
- Depending on your wallpaper and other color adjustments, it will look different.
Every year, Android fans are anxiously waiting for the latest easter egg surprises in the software. In 2021, we have seen a large number of Android 12 betas, but there are still no Easter eggs.
Unsurprisingly, Easter eggs involve Google’s new design concept, Material You. When you activate Surprise, it creates a touch of color, linked to the color scheme selected by Android related to your wallpaper. This means that it may look different to almost everyone.
Check out the example below and the steps on how to see it for yourself.
Android 12 Easter Egg: How to view it and how it looks
- Go to Android settings from the gear icon in the app drawer or notification bar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings list and find About phone.
- In “About phone”, find your Android version. This may be in a different location, depending on your Android skin.
- Click on your Android version repeatedly until the Easter egg begins!
If you did everything correctly, you should see a layout similar to the screenshot below:
The way to display the Android 12 logo is to move the clock hand to 12:00 (for Android 12, understand?). If you encounter problems, check out the video below.
Remember, this is different for everyone. Our background here is red, which is the color scheme of the animation. If the background is blue or a photo, it will be a selection of a series of different colors. Change your wallpaper, then run these steps again to see different results!